|Woman's College of Alabama (April 1918)|
Location: Initially in Tuskegee, Alabama, moved to Montgomery, Alabama, USA in 1909
Closed: Began admitting men in 1935, name changed to Huntington College
There were four students in the first graduating class in 1856, but by September 1859 the College’s enrollment had risen to an average of 216, with 29 women graduating that year.
In 1872, the Alabama Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, assumed full management and control of the College. The reincorporation created the present governing body—a board of trustees—and a change in name to Alabama Conference Female College.